Thursday 12 February 2009

Biryani Blowout

My friend Karen has been visiting this week and we've been very busy, hence no posts.

We have 6 short days together so it's been a whirlwind of shopping, school runs, Slumdog Millionaire viewings, cultural and temple visits...and lots of prawns here and there, and...Biryani...to the point of uncomfortable! (I know, that you know what I'm alluding to here!)

It never ceases to amaze me how much our staff in the house go 'all out' when we have guests but today I discovered how families inside and outside their houses so happily, without probably even realising it become/are the 'ultimate hosts.' I feel very privileged and very humbled by all the Indian hospitality and generosity we have experienced today. More stories and photos will follow.

I love this place, and I love the people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question for you...

We went to see Slumdog Millionaire last night. We were curious if the the film being played in India ended with the scar kiss or the lip kiss??

Emma said...

I hate to say...that I'm not sure! He definately kissed the scar but I can't recall if he then went onto the lips! I want to go again so I will pay better attention next time.

A question for you now...

Was the dialogue in your version a mixture of English and Hindi with subtitles??

Anonymous said...

It was a mix of English and Hindi with subtitles.

For the ending, he kissed her scar and then she said, "Kiss me." Then it ended with them kissing. Well, and then the big bollywood dance routine.

Can't wait to hear if that's the same ending in India. JB and I simultaneously said, "As if."