Monday 26 January 2009

My New Favourite Restaurant

Ian and I always enjoyed Indian food every now and again back home, the odd Balti here, Tikka Masala there...but I can honestly say that you just haven't tasted good Indian cooking until you come here, and more and more, if we go out, our first choice will be South Indian cuisine.

We're becoming more and more tolerant of the humble chilli and I'm even beginning to think that some things are bland without enough of it's little kick. For those of you who know me, you'll remember my love of black pepper (OK a lot of, yes, yes including on strawberries, but taste it and you'll see) on everything but here I hardly ever have it...my collection of pepper mills are practically redundant and I'm not sure why that should be the case at home, but anyway I digress.

On Saturday evening we visited a restaurant called Peshwari (a mixture of North & South Indian), it's located within one of the big hotels and our meal was truly fantastic. But the food was not its only good point...oh no! Those of you who know me will also remember my inability to eat without dropping a little something of whatever I'm having onto whatever I am wearing. Often. My children seem to have inherited this gene so we use alot of Vanish in our household.

Anyway, you're dying to know the reason why I am nominating Peshwari as my New Favourite Resataurant aren't you? Well, instead of a napkin they provide you with an apron to wear!! How cool is that? And do you know what...sods law I didn't spill a drop that night.

No comments: