Monday 14 July 2008

Pin Cushions

My poor poor children are beginning to resemble pin cushions.

They are in the midst of a 10 week immunisation programme which has been a logistical nightmare to organise, but we're getting there now. So today DD had her 3rd Rabies and 3rd Hep B and she's even getting very brave about having 'the little pricks'. I think the promise of chocolate when it's all over may help with the pain! Although the nurse that we see has been amazed at how good she is every time, she only really has a little lip wobble just before the deed is done. I, of course feel terribly proud of her each and every time.

DS has been running a temperature the last day or so, maybe a bug, but maybe to do with his MMR last week so his 2nd Twinrix has been postponed until later in the week.

Next week DD will have her 3rd Jap B and DS 3rd Rabies and 3rd Jap B...then, we can all have a rest from it for a while until they have a BCG early September. As for me I had a lovely Cholera drink today - Yum! Aren't I the lucky one!

No comments: