Wednesday 17 December 2008

The Dreaded Lurgi

It always happens doesn't it? You finish work and school for the festive season...and everyone becomes ill...just in time for Christmas. The very same happens in India.


First down was me, nasty throat and cold. Second was DD with a sickness bug and high temperature, and then me again with the sickness bug, aches, pains and dizziness . A hairy couple of hours were spent in limbo while we waited chewing our nails to see if DS was going to develop the same bug. Thankfully we think his 'minor' (compared to the rest of us!) technicolour yawn was just a case of gulped bedtime milk. We are now much, much better, DD has slept and watched alot of Christmas DVD's, I've slept...alot but my cold has returned.

Maid #2 has been a treasure with DS and all the washing. DH took a day off work to help out too. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that nobody else develops anything nasty either before or during our visitors stay...including them!

My sympathy goes out to anyone here,or there who has or develops The Dreaded Festive Lurgi...keep well.

No comments: