Thursday 18 December 2008

In Answer to Your Questions Part II

Yes, the England v's India test match was here last week, no we didn't see any and yes it was as hot as it looked on the TV, in fact so far I don't think the daytime temperature has dropped below 28degrees, night time low is around 24degrees. All the Indian's think it's really cold -If this is their winter, I don't think I'll survive the summer!!

Dinner is whatever I cook, so all our usual stuff really, adapted slighty depending on ingredient substitutions, but not that many as you can get most fresh things here and we have a well stocked store cupboard. The meat is OK here, could be worse anyway and I think there are a few suppliers who have cottoned onto Western wants and needs. Imported stuff like cereals, ham, bacon, cheese, pasta sauces etc is VERY VERY expensive, even by our standards. It's always nicer to eat out though which we do at the weekends. We've also found a good Indian, Chinese and a Thai takeaway!

Yes, it is very weird not driving in the sense that you can't just hop in the car anytime you like, for whatever reason, you are always reliant on someone to take you and you have to have a reason to go out to get out (does that make sense?) You know how sometimes you might go for a drive and just see where you end up and what you might find, it would be soooo nice to do that. Mind you, I'd only be brave enough to drive in the middle of the night when the roads are quiet if I could. Some Ex-pats drive themselves on Sunday's but unless you know exactly where you're going and where you can park I wouldn't risk it every day.

Can we walk in the park? Errrr no, not really, well we haven't found one nearby yet. I'm sure there are some - note to self must look harder for a park! Will let you know what I find.

Yes! We have Skype - where have you been??! Will email you our address (again, I'm sure). Yes! We do now have an international phone but the time difference (5.5 hours) makes it difficult to slot in a decent time frame to call to chat. When it's good for me you're either all in bed, at work or school, and when it's good for you, we're tired, going or gone to bed! In the next couple of weeks we will have some new fantabulous phone with a UK number that'll only be pennies for you to call. Must try harder at the weekends.

The answers to this one could change over time...at the moment
Five things I Like About India - The people (some of them), the weather (this month), Our house and staff,....errr I'll get back to you on this one. Living here is very different to holidaying here.
Five things I Hate - Men constantly using the street as a toilet, the dirt & rubbish, the poverty, lack of privacy, the constant race against time.

TV? What do we watch on TV? That'll be a whole new post in itself.

No comments: