Tuesday 9 December 2008

The War Against Mosquitos

Do you like my bat? I LOVE this bat!

This is THE BEST invention since sliced bread and the wheel. This bat is my main weapon in my personal 'War on Mosquito's'. There are loads of the little blighters here and there are even more since the monsoon season descended. They are mean, vicious and cunning and will find the one spot of skin that the repellent didn't get to. They are dangerous and carry untold nasty diseases. We have all had our vaccinations but the one disease you can't protect yourself from is Dengue Fever, the first time you have it, you apparently hardly notice...you run a temperature, your limbs ache and your feet and joints swell, could be flu...only it ain't. The mosi's that carry it are the ones that bite in the daytime. The next time you get it, you apparently really know about it as it increases in intensity. I had a grand total of 15 bites the other week and felt really lousy for about a week, slight temperature, swollen limbs and aches and pains...but you keep going, because you have to, not even the beloved Piriton helped. It's only now being a little more informed that I think I know what the problem was.

Anyway back to my bat! We have about 4 of these, one upstairs, one downstairs and one in each car. You plug the bats in to charge them, you spot a mosi, you grab the bat, press the button, take aim and swipe.....the little devil doesn't stand a chance (as long as you've managed to keep track of him that is) There then is a very satisfying electrical crackle and the little mosi falls electrocuted to the floor. Great Sport....like I said, I LOVE my bat!

No comments: