Tuesday 21 October 2008

Scrap Last Post - I Lied...

...albeit unintentionally. Our sea shipment didn't materialise, it's "allegedly" ready for delivery now but I'm beginning to realise that you have to learn to expect things when they actually happen. So, whenever. Whatever.

We moved into the house a week ago and as of today we have been here 4 weeks. We have no Internet connection and probably won't have for at least another week. I dropped DD at school and one of the other mums suggested I use a computer in the library - way hey! Didn't realise I could, so at least I can do a few things like check email, check the news, weather, blog etc

It's been great being in the house, even though we are sitting on boxes. I can at least cook meals other than pasta now, don't get me wrong pasta is one of the best culinary inventions EVER but after 3 weeks solid of the stuff and exhausting all the sauce variations I could think of even DS was beginning to complain!

So, 4 weeks in and we're settling down, we have a routine, we have more settled stomachs, we have a red meat/wine/beer supplier, we have the rainy season and I'm beginning to find my way around this city...well I can get from home to school to shop to bakery to deli to fruit and veg shop via a shoe shop...not bad going! I'm going to attempt to get to a Mall this afternoon as I need some books.

1 comment:

4gotoindia said...

Stumbled across your blog... I'm also the mother of 2 small children, recently moved to Tamil Nadu (not Chennai tho'). Enjoyed reading your blog. Would love to know your source of red wine! (Have been here 3 months, and no wine of any sort to date... we come to Chennai next month to shop...)
grace