Friday 31 October 2008

Where's a Fairy-Godmother When you Need One?

We are going to a company Diwali party tomorrow...we all need to wear Indian dress DH tells me. Huh huh OK. The kids are already kitted out so no problem there although the orange sand stains have not come out of DS's trousers but we'll just have to deal with that tomorrow.

Now the easiest thing to do would have been to have visited somewhere where you can choose fabric and have something made up, but we've been very busy this week and just haven't got round to it, plus it's difficult lugging the kids to and fro and then expecting them to sit like statues while you make choices. That's just never going to happen and it's too stressful to boot!

I thought I knew what I wanted. And so today I left the kids with Jayanthi (aka Mary) for the afternoon and went to see what I could get 'off the peg'. As far as I can gather there is a modesty theme going on in most types of dress, any curves are streamlined and b**bs are flattened to oblivion. That's all well and good if your b**bs can be flattened, mine aren't the flattening type.

Whilst zooming around and to and fro I found some of the most beautiful outfits (I wanted silk and sparkly) but they were all just that little bit too tight on the chest area to be comfortable for about 5 hours of a Diwali party.

What is a girl to do? I need a fairy god-mother job I think.

No comments: