Tuesday 28 October 2008

Snap BANG Crackle & Pop

The fireworks continue. Although we had a rest from them today they began again in earnest this evening, the kids are so unphased by them now they even sleep through them. How they do that?!

I thought after yesterday that would be it, there couldn't possibly be any more fireworks left in the whole of India, but someone found a whole lot more somewhere on a shelf in the corner. Now, I don't know if I've got this right or whether something got lost in translation but Kumar told me that today is the day that non-vegetarians celebrate with their fireworks, yesterday it was the vegetarians. If that is the case then our neighbours on all sides can't make their minds up whether they eat meat or not!

Kumar also told me of his firework experiences last night. Two stray rockets entered his home at different times while he and his family were watching TV and started fires.
'Coconut roofs is a BIG problem Madam'.

No comments: